From Advisory Board
Revision as of 06:47, 2 August 2007 by 220.127.116.11
Group report: Angela Beesley, Mako Hill, Erik Möller, Achal Prabhala
Mainly a collection of ideas on how to increase volunteer participation in WM:
- Better cross-networking of projects
- Concrete outcome: get in one click from any project to other projects
- Clearly highlight volunteer participation opportunities, both on the level of projects & organization / mission-related activities; modeled after "Contribute to Ubuntu" wiki page.
- Facilitate project teams beyond the rather heavyweight structure of chapters (WikiTeams)
- Encourage free association in different forms: around topics, goals, projects, regions, languages
- Concrete outcome: "One local team in countries with >1000 contributors"
- Low overhead reporting (e.g. blogging requirement)
- Collect data-set of contributors and reader patterns
- Where do people come from, which articles do they read, etc.?
- "Volunteer drive" analogous to fundraising drive
- Team info packages
- Third party info packages
- Speaker coordination database
- Contract clauses for third parties that require WP documentation
- Newsletter-equivalent communications technology for informing users about volunteer opportunities