Meeting August 2007
If you are on the Advisory Board and attending this meeting, please:
- register for Wikimania;
- Submit an abstract;
- check you are on the attendees list if you are coming;
- check your bio on wikimania2007 is correct;
- let Angela know if you need funding;
- help to plan the agenda.
Accommodation is in the Grand Hotel.
|Angela Beesley||Yes||7/29 - 8/8|
|Heather Ford||Yes||7/31 to 8/6|
|Melissa Hagemann||Yes||7/31 to 8/5|
|Teemu Leinonen||Yes||7/31 to 8/6|
|Rebecca MacKinnon||Yes||7/31 to 8/6|
|Wayne Mackintosh||Yes||Will book own accomm|
|Benjamin Mako Hill||Yes||7/31 to 8/6|
|Erin McKean||Yes||7/31 to 8/6|
|Achal Prabhala||Yes||7/31 to 8/6|
|Raoul Weiler||Yes||7/31 to 8/6|
|Ward Cunningham||Yes||7/31 to 8/5|
- Jimmy Wales
- Florence Devouard
- Jan-Bart De Vreede
- Erik Möller
- Kat Walsh
- Frieda Brioschi (new board member)
- Sue Gardner
Can not attend
- Danny Hillis
- Mitch Kapor
- Jay Rosen
- Peter Suber
- Trevor Neilson
- Michael Davis
- Debbie Garside
- Ethan Zuckerman
- Clay Shirky
- Joris Komen
The retreat is fundamentally a strategic planning retreat with dedicated time to address organization-wide goals and issues. Another objective is for the participants to get to know each other, to find out each others skills, to share insight on free knowledge and non-profits organization, and hopefully, start building teams.
A leaflet was produced by Sean and Anthere, and distributed during the meeting. The document can be downloaded here.
Travel, Accommodation & Funding
Your room and most meals will be covered by WMF.
For more general information about your travel:
- Information about visas: air tickets and airlines, airport information, visa information
- Local transportation: from airport to venue and getting around in Taipei and Taiwan. taxi, MRT & bus
- Local information: all other things one may need to know before going to Taiwan: language information, currencies, units, climate, voltage and plug type, any special rules for customs/immigration, other special laws/regulations/customs, etc.
Accommodation has been booked at the Grand Hotel.
- Where to go: 323 CTOYAC education building.
- Room with internet access
- Enough room to put papers on the wall
- Big sheets of paper
- Stuff to hand or stick these sheets on the walls
- Rigid board to hold the paper on which we write down
- Colored stickers that we can stick on sheets of paper (these little colored dots)
- Colored stabilo and pencils
- Colored A4 pages
- spreadsheet - babemaco will buy these things on July 30.